Tuesday, November 1, 2011

A Little Weather Adventure

I'm finally back from Philadelphia.  My intent had been to go up Saturday and come back on Halloween morning. 
I did leave on Saturday morning, a little earlier than planned because of the weather forecast.  By the time I got to the Delaware/Pennsylvania border, the snow started.  Normally that's about 45 minutes from my daughter's house, but it took me almost 2 hours to get there.  It really started to snow (heavy,wet snow) by the time I arrived.  She had planned on an outdoor Halloween party on Sunday, but the ground was still covered and it was just too cold for the kids to be out, so it was inside.  I dressed up like a gypsy and read palms.  I also made a ton of macaroni and cheese, they will be eating it all week.

Here is a picture of my cute (?) scary little granddaughter.
I decided to stay an extra night and go trick or treating. 
Also there was an old friend I wanted to visit and I called and to see if she was available for lunch and, luckily, she was.  I also spent the day going to the costume parade at my granddaughter's school and shopping.
I told you in my last post that there were no quilt fabrics at Jomar's. I lied.  They had a couple of really nice "basic" pieces and one print with a few flaws, for $1.00 per yard.  I also bought a piece of black and white tweed that is absolutely beautiful from their "designer" table for $3.99 per yard.
Note the wing chair in the background of the picture;  I made the slipcover about a year ago from fabric I got at Jomars for 3.99 per yard.  Disclaimer:  I own no stock in Jomars, I just like to find bargains. 
Now I am home and plan on staying here through the holidays.  
I'll have a child size sock pattern for you before the end of the week.  It's a modification of the adult sock pattern that I use all the time.  I had to take my first one with me and try it on my granddaughter to see if I got the size right.  Now to finish the second one.  I asked her if she'd like for me to make her a pair for Christmas and she told me she wanted red and white striped socks.  Not a chance.

No comments:

Post a Comment