Thursday, November 17, 2011

Quilts for Kids

Quilts for Kids is a non-profit organization who supplies quilts to hospitals for sick children.  Its a nationwide group, with local chapters, that serves as a clearing house for donated quilts.  Upon request, they will send you fabric and a pattern for making a quilt.  You need to provide the batting and agree to return the quilt within a few weeks.
The three quilts pictured above are some that I made from the kit that they sent me earlier this year.  I just got an email from the organization, asking for quilts for the holidays.  I started looking through my stash of fabric, especially holiday prints, and plan to ship a few quilts to them right after Thanksgiving. 

Follow this link quiltsforkids.org to request a kit or get guidelines for making quilts from your own fabric.

No comments:

Post a Comment