Monday, November 14, 2011

Lynda's Quilt , Punch Needle Progress, and 2-ingredient cakes

I have spent most of today finishing this quilt for my friend, Lynda.  Its a Christmas gift for her daughter.  I loved the way it turned out and especially loved quilting it.  Many of the fabrics she used were purchased in my quilt shop when it was open, so that brought back some memories. 

Here is an update on my punch needle project.  It doesn't take long to do, but its really labor-intensive and hard on the eyes.  I took the picture on a piece of fabric that is a vintage kimono sleeve (silk) that I bought years ago at a tag sale.  I'm thinking of adding some pink to the jelly fish and making the bag out of part of the sleeve. 


Here's a link to Big Red Kitchen  where you will find a recipe for a 2-ingredient cake.  All it takes is a can of pumpkin and a cake mix.  I've made it with yellow cake and spice cake and I like the spice cake better.  I baked them as muffins.  There is also a two ingredient lemon cake recipe that I found on Pinterest.   I've been looking for the link for a while and just can't find it again, but here is what it is.  Mix one box of Angel Food cake mix and a can of lemon pie filling.  That's it.  Bake it in a 9 X 13 pan for 25 to 30 min. in a 350 degree oven.  I made it a few weeks ago and I'm just about to go and pop another one in the oven.  Even Dan liked it, and he's not a fan of cake.  While searching for the link to the lemon cake, I found another 2 ingredient cake, made from a brownie mix and a can of Diet Coke.  I'm not sure about the making it with Diet Coke, but I might try it with regular Coke.  I don't drink soft drinks, so I'd have to make a trip to the store before I try this one.

If you have never visited Pinterest, you really should.  You can click on the link above or the one in the right column.  It's addictive. 

No comments:

Post a Comment