Thursday, November 3, 2011

Lots of Socks

I love to knit socks.  This is a picture of all the socks I have knit for the past year not including a couple of pairs I gave away.  15 adult pairs, 1 child size pair and 2 baby size.
I have been using the same sock pattern for years with variations for the cuff.  Since I can knit a pair of socks without referring to a pattern, I wanted to make a child-size pair, using the same basic pattern, just reducing the number of stitches.  I knit one sock, using my new formula, and took it with me to Philadelphia to try on my granddaughter.  I was afraid it would be too big, but it fit and she loved it.  I just finished the second one and will send them on to her this afternoon.
Here are the three sizes, all using basically the same pattern.
I will have this pattern written in Word this weekend and if you would like it, please send  your email address to me at kitty@weirwoodstation.com
The yarn I used was by Deborah Norville and it is a little thinner than most of the sock yarn I use.  However, I was able to get both socks out of one ball of yarn.  Since I bought it on sale, 2 balls for $5.00, the pair of socks only cost me $2.50.  I plan to make a scarf out of the extra.

Don't forget to send me your address if you want the pattern.  Hope you have a good weekend, I will be sewing.

1 comment:

  1. I would love a copy of your sock pattern.
    Kathleen Baughman
    P.O. Box 102
    Rose, Ok. 74364

    ReplyDelete