Thursday, November 24, 2011

Happy Thanksgiving

We're having a very quite Thanksgiving this year, probably the quietest in a long time.  It's just Dan, Diana and me.  But we are still cooking a big meal in anticipation of eating left-overs all weekend.  Pictured below is Dan's smoker.  He loves to smoke the turkey instead of roasting or frying (we've never had a turkey fryer and I don't think I've ever eaten it fried).


Please note that Dan is wearing a RED shirt because of what I wrote about his clothes in my last post.
And here is a picture of the turkey, not done yet.  That's a pork roast next to it for later in the weekend.
Diana is peeling potatoes and Dan is making gravy.  I did all of my part earlier; sweet potato biscuits, stuffing, and apple pie. 
I'm feeling thankful for all of my family, here and around the country, and for this beautiful day. 

It will be a busy weekend with the Artisan's Guild Tour.  I'll post some pictures of my display sometime over the weekend and some pictures of the work on display.  If you go to this link you'll see the newspaper article that came out yesterday.  And they mentioned my blog!!!!

Have a Happy, Happy Thanksgiving!!



No comments:

Post a Comment