Monday, November 28, 2011

Artisans Guild Tour

A long weekend!  The tour was Friday, Saturday and Sunday and I feel like I stood up for the entire time.  Sales were good, but mostly for small items.  Most people were not willing to part with much more than twenty dollars, so I only sold one wall hanging and one baby quilt.  But I sold out on my tree ornaments and mug rugs.
I had made 50 of the mug rugs, just scrap fabric and batting, and sold all but 4!  Once before I had taken them to a show and not sold any.  The eyeglass cases sold pretty well and also the make-up bags (I'll do a tutorial for these on a later blog).
But my baby quilts, which usually sell quit well, were just not moving.  Also the wall hangings didn't sell either.  My display was not the best, but I had to work with the space.  I was in front of the photography booth (Dan put me there to protect it), so no place to hang anything.  The pottery on the photo background is Dan's.  We're hoping we both sold items at Sea Glass and Stories in Cape Charles where we display.
I was in the same room with a basket maker and a bird carver.  It was fun visiting with both of them.  Deb, the basket maker, is also a knitter and knit these cute vegetables for her display.  People kept wanting to buy them, but she didn't want to sell.
I am so glad the weekend is over.  Now I can get on to decorating and baking for Christmas.


No comments:

Post a Comment