Tuesday, November 8, 2011

TA-DA

Here is what I made with the wrong side of the fabric I showed you yesterday.  First, let me say that I am not a photographer, and second, I did try to take this picture both inside and outside, but the one shown is the best of the lot.  Also thanks to Rhonda of Rhonda's Creative Life for this pattern.  As you will read when you go over to her blog, she gave away the pattern to anyone who wanted it for a limited time.  She is now selling the pattern on Etsy and you can find it HERE.

I made a couple of changes to Rhonda's pattern because of the weight of the fabric.  As you can see from her's, its suppose to be a clam shell bag.  That meant you had to add the strap on the seam line.  I couldn't do it.  The fabric is just too heavy and thick.  So I put my strap in the middle of the sides.  It still works as a wristlet, but does not have the pretty shape that Rhonda's has.  I also beaded mine, I'll bead anything, I just love to sew on beads.  The lining is a turquoise silk that I've had forever and the contrast is very nice with the red/blue/green of the fabric.
Here's another shot showing a bit of the lining

I'm hoping to have somewhere to wear this during the holidays.  It really does have a festive look and looks much better in "real life" than in my photo.

1 comment:

  1. Kitty, the bag is WONDERFUL!!!Love, love, love the beading. I really like the color combination that you chose. Enjoy.

    ReplyDelete