Thursday, January 19, 2012

Yesterday when I sat down to look at the blogs I read, I was pleased and surprised that my new blogging friend, Rhonda, had featured me on her blog.  You can see what she had to say by going to http://rhondabuss.blogspot.com/
I first met Rhonda when I wrote her to tell her that I had used one of her designs and was very pleased with the outcome.  Each Friday Rhonda has "Free Pattern Friday" and very generously posts a new creation.  I never sent her a picture of her cover-up that I made from her pattern, so I'm posting it here.
As you can see, the fabric is sheer and drapes beautifully.  It also will not wrinkle, so is perfect for traveling, which is what I had in mind when I made it.  Go to Rhonda's blog to get the pattern.  This is the link to that post. 

Just before I made Rhonda's design, I had finished this
I used Vogue Pattern 8088.

I beaded the entire front and bottom band (I'm not sure if this will show up on your computer).  This fabric also does not wrinkle, in fact, it would not hold a crease no matter how I steamed it, so that is one reason for the beading.  The only problem I had with this pattern was the miter.  You are supposed to miter the front corners and because I couldn't press it, I finally gave up and just folded them instead.

My plan is to take these on my next cruise with brown slacks and shell to make two dinner outfits.  I used to teach watercolor painting on cruises in exchange for a free cruise, but lately these perks seem to have dried up.  Besides, Dan said he'd never go on another cruise with me that I was working on.  After the cruise disaster last week, I'm not sure I'll ever get him on another cruise ship.  I, however, will not be deterred.  My ambition for years has been to take a world cruise and some day I might.  I'm hoping these two projects won't be out of style by that time.

No comments:

Post a Comment