Monday, January 23, 2012

What I Made Today



Now before you start laughing at these pants, let me explain the origin of the fabric.  The first year my quilt shop was open, I bought 4 yards of fleece from Wal-Mart to decorate my large table for fall.  I had some ceramic pumpkins and silk foliage, etc. and it looked very nice.  Each year when I took it off to put up the Christmas display, I washed the fabric and stored it for the next year.

Forward 11 years to today.  I'm trying to clean up and clear out my shop (more about this in another post later).  I had needed some fleece to make hats for the cancer center last fall and used some of this piece of fleece, but I still had a huge amount.  So this morning I got out all my fleece and made these 6 hats to take to the cancer center.
There are 3 of the pumpkin ones and 3 of the black with the leopard tops.  I know that they are a little loud, but if you head is cold, you could wear them around the house.  I told myself this as I made them and wondered what to do with the rest of the fleece.  Hum, I said, my legs are always cold if I'm just sitting around the house, why not make a pair of fleece pajama pants!  So I did.  Didn't take any time at all.  Of course they are too big, but that's good.  I'm wearing them right now as I write.  And they are warm.  And I know they'll wash well because I've washed that piece of fleece every year for the past 11 years.

I just went in and modeled them for Dan.   He just shook his head. 

1 comment:

  1. Kitty, I do love your lounging pants! But could I please just chuckle a little? Just because I know how you are chuckling over them yourself! I got some fabulous fleece pajamas from my Mom at Christmas and they are SOOOOO comfy! So to heck with it....wear them and enjoy!

    ReplyDelete