Saturday, January 7, 2012

Little Dresses for Africa

Last November I watched a Sewing with Nancy episode that featured a charity called "Little Dresses for Africa".  I thought of all the many pieces of fabric I have left from my shop and decided to make a few of these dresses.  To date, I finished 18 of them.


Its taken me longer than it should have to make them, but the holidays came in the middle.  So this morning, I decided to finish all I had started, box them up, and send them off (they'll go Monday). 

I based the size on the piece of fabric.  I made multiples of some of them in different sizes, thinking that sisters might like to dress alike.  There are one or two pockets on each dress, depending on how much fabric I had.
I made nine in size small, six in size medium and three in size large.

When I showed them to my granddaughter while she was here for Christmas, she said she'd like to have one for summer.  So I plan on making a few more for her before I start any more for the charity.

If you'd like more information, here is the link to Little Dresses for Africa website.  The pattern I used is here on the Nancy's Notions website.  It is a pdf. file.


Here are all of my little dresses, ready to package and send off.
One more project finished!!!  

2 comments:

  1. Darling Dresses and I know they will be well received!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those dresses are soooo cute...what a great cause!!!

    ReplyDelete