Wednesday, January 25, 2012

A Valentine Idea

I made this 5 or 6 years ago.  The idea came from a display I saw at a gift show.  The company had a number of different shapes like birds, animals and hearts.  All of them used candlesticks as the base.  I made sure, I felt all of them.  At the time I was shopping for wholesale items for my shop, but I thought this was just too easy to make.  I can't remember exactly what the price was, but it seemed too high to me at the time.

When I got home, I found this glass candlestick at the dollar store and made the heart for the pincushion part.  I should have stuffed it a little more.  It stands about 9 inches high.  I stitched all the way around, just leaving enough of an opening to insert the top of the candlestick.

If you have a sewing friend that you'd like to give a little "Valentine" to, this is quick and inexpensive.  And the best part is, no calories.

1 comment: