Monday, January 2, 2012

Projects and a New Year

As if I don't have enough unfinished projects of my own, I have found one that belongs or belonged to someone else.  A week before Christmas I went to the thrift shop and found this plastic bag in the craft section.
Of course I was intrigued and had to peak inside.  It's a cut out quilt, I'm not sure how many squares it will make, but they are all laid out so neatly, that I had to invest $2.99 in the bag.
The fabrics are from the '30's and '40's. 
I am going to put the sections together and see how many there are.  Because the fabric is rather thin (as most fabrics from this era are), I'm going to do it by hand.  Then I will decide how to sew them together.  I might add sections of muslin between each triangle to make it larger.
Any way, stay tuned and I'll finish it eventually.

I have no New Year's resolution.  Last year I decided to lose weight, and I did, 15 pounds.  I'd like to resolve to lose more, but I'm not sure I will.  I'd like to resolve to walk on the treadmill every day, but I know I won't do that.  I don't smoke, I don't want to give up wine, and I'm not in debt.  So no resolutions for me this year. 
Do you have any?

5 comments:

  1. What a great find!
    This looks a fun project!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I too find pieces that were started by someone and never finished. I have a quilt on my bed that tells the story of someone's life. It was a quilt top that had never been finished. I backed it and then tied it rather than quilt it. Whenever I finish another persons piece, I feel that they are smiling down on me. You now have a new angel Kitty.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I will bookmark your blog and have my kids check up here frequently. I'm very certain they will understand lots of new stuff here than anybody else.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What fun. I can't wait to see how it all comes together.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fun find!!! Can't wait to see it all unfold.

    ReplyDelete