Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Seminole Patchwork, Part 4

This is the final pattern for this series.  If you are new to this blog, please look back over my last 5 posts.

1.  Cut 2 strips of white and 2 strips of black, 1 1/4 inch wide.
2.  Cut one strip of gray, 3" wide and cut it in half.
Sew together as shown.  You will have a grey/black/white strip that is 22 inches long and 2 strips of the black and white, one is 22 inches and the other is 44 inches long.
3.  Cut the grey strip into 3 inch segments ( you will only be using 4 of these). 
4.  From the black/white strip cut 14 1 1/4 inch segments and 6 3" segments.
This photo should give you an idea where we are headed.  Sew the center section together and then sew on the sides.  Your finished section should look like this.
You might have to play around with the order to form the correct "checkerboard" pattern.  The extra little black and white blocks shown above are going to be used in assembling the sampler. 

I'm still working on the sampler, and it might be next week before I am able to show it to you.  In the meantime, I've started putting together the vintage quilt that I showed you here.  I should have that top completed by next week also.

I am preparing for the "big move".  We are moving my Gammill longarm machine from the small backroom of the store into my studio room.  My studio is much larger and has wonderful light, especially on sunny days like today.  But it means putting away a lot of stuff and doing away with two large tables.  The back room is going to become the photo studio for the Artisans Guild.  Hopefully, I'll be organized and moved by the end of next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment