Sunday, February 26, 2012

Moving Day

We moved my Gammil long arm on Friday.   I'm happy it's finally accomplished and I like its new home, but I still have a lot of adjusting to do and things to find homes for.  Dan estimates the table and machine together probably weight about 800 pounds, so of course, it had to come apart.  He had a friend help, so I didn't have to lift anything.  He has a few sore muscles.  They had to take it out the back door and then around the building and back in my studio door.

Here are a couple of "before" pictures of part of my studio.
And here are the "after".

The large wooden table still needs to be moved, but I managed to quilt a baby quilt this morning.  I know I'll use the machine more now that its in "my" room.  For one thing, I won't have to heat and cool the other room in order to use it.  This room has much better light, so its easier for me to see what I'm doing.

Now on to my next project.  We have a tour group coming through on March 7th, about a dozen people.  I have to give a short presentation about my work and "show and tell".  They are bringing box lunches, but eating them in my house.  So now I have to clean the studio and my house.  In case I haven't mentioned it, my house is just behind my shop.  I love being able to just walk over any time to work.

Tomorrow our American Sewing Guild group meets.  I have 2 baby quilts and 9 pairs of children's p.j.'s finished for the Coalition Against Domestic Violence.  Then either tomorrow afternoon or Tuesday, depending on the weather, Dan is going to photograph me hanging quilts on a clothesline on the front of the shop.  He's doing a series on local artists that are going to be sent as part of a tourism package.  He's gotten some great ones, so far, but the deadline is looming.  I'll post mine here if he'll let me.

1 comment: