Thursday, February 9, 2012

Seminole Patchwork, Part 2

I had intended to post this on Tuesday, but I pulled a muscle in my back while trying to clean under the bed.  It just doesn't pay to be a housekeeper. 
Anyway, its better and here is the patchwork strip for today.
It is similar to the previous one, but has a more complex center.
1.  Cut two strips 2 1/2 inches of the yellow.  Cut one strip each of the black and white 1 1/4 inches each.
2. Sew the black and white together and then add a strip of yellow on each side.
3.  Press seams as shown below.
Cut this long section into 2 inch segments.  Remember the rule about cutting the segment the width of the center strip?  Well in this case the center is 2 inches after the strips are sewn together.  The finished band will be about 6 inches wide and 36 inches long after trimming.
Sew the 2 inch segments together, matching the points as shown in the first photo.

Here is a picture of a block I made for a kit where I used 5 colors in the center.  Each of the center strips was 1 1/4 inch wide, but I only "stepped" it down one color, so I cut the segments 1 1/4 inch each.

Enjoy your day, its finally gotten cold here.

No comments:

Post a Comment