Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Welcome!

My first blog.  Welcome all of you who stumble upon my little site on the net.  After much deliberation, I decided to share what I do to anyone who is interested.  The old store you see above (circa 1920) is my former quilt shop and now my studio/storage unit.  I try to work there every day, at least for a few hours.  I quilt, sew, knit, paint, and move things around a lot.

Today I'm showing you what I did yesterday.  It's the first, so the composition is not quite successful, but I did it in one afternoon, just to see how it would look.  I plan on framing it in a shadow-box frame.  The frame size is 11 by 14, so I made the little quilt 10.5 by 13.5.  The flowers are needle-felted and beaded, very three dimensional.  I'm lucky enough to have a needle-felting machine (Janome) which really makes it easy and quick to do these flowers.  The blue ones are quite small, so I had to use my long tweezers to hold the edge as I felted them.  I hope to have more time to work on a similar quilt in the next few days and will post it here.
 
I also do long arm quilting for a few other people, so most of the rest of my week will be working on a queen size for someone else and getting a few fall plants in the ground.
My current plan is to post about twice a week and share some of my patterns with you. 
Thanks for visiting. Have a wonderful fall day.

No comments:

Post a Comment