Monday, October 10, 2011

Coffee , Quilts and the Fall Tour

Yesterday (Sunday) morning tragedy struck in my kitchen.  My coffee pot broke.  I need coffee in the morning.  There are lots of things I have been able to give up like smoking (30+ years ago), candy (haven't had a candy bar in over 6 months), and panty hose (you wonder why I wear slacks most of the time).  But coffee will never be on that list.  I had to get out the Corning Ware percolator that I have kept just in case the electricity goes out.  It just wasn't a satisfactory cup of coffee.  So I had to get dressed and walk over to the store where I had another drip pot. 

Today all of my company is leaving and I'm going to spend the day trying to finish quilting this quilt.  Its by Margaret, and really a beautiful queen size quilt.  The fabrics are all batiks, including the backing. 
Tomorrow I am going to give you a tutorial for an eyeglass case.  I'll probably do it over 2 days because of the length of the instructions.  Every Thanksgiving weekend our local Artisan's Guild has a tour of studios.  I'm not opening the store this year, but will be showing with others at the old Onancock School.  I decided that I needed to make lots of small (i.e. inexpensive) items to sell because of the economy.  One of the items will be these eyeglass cases.  I've made 30 of them so far.  The pattern is my own and you are welcome to copy it to make your own cases for sale (as long as you're not selling them Thanksgiving weekend at the Onancock School).  On the other hand you may find that they are so much trouble to make that you'd rather come out to Tour and buy them from me.

I'm also making felt tree ornaments, make-up bags, mug rugs, doll quilts, and my larger quilts and wall hangings.  The next 6 weeks are going to be busy ones for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment