Sunday, March 11, 2012

New Quilts

I hesitate to say this out loud, but I feel like I might almost be caught up with a few projects.  This week I quilted the two quilts shown below and finished a few other minor projects.


This is a quilt I have made for my daughter to donate to an auction she is chairing in April.  I got the pattern from this book:
I didn't have a jelly roll, so I cut the 2 1/2 inch strips from fabric I had.  I made the quilt larger than the one in the book, so its almost a twin size.

I also quilting this quilt for someone else.  She wanted hearts all over it for a room she is redecorating, so I hope she will be happy with what I did.  She told me she is going to bind it with strips of all the fabrics in the quilt.


I just love having my long arm in the room with the rest of my sewing.  It has made me more productive, because I can quilt a little, then sit and sew on something else, then go back to the big machine.

Check back with me on Friday to see what I'm giving away for the Blog Hop.  I think I've got some thing(s) that will be appealing to almost anyone.

2 comments: