Thursday, November 8, 2012

Only Two Weeks Until Thanksgiving!!!

I just looked at the calendar and had a moment of panic.  Thanksgiving means cooking and eating and family and friends to all of us, but for me its also the weekend of the Artisans Guild Studio Tour.  I will be opening my shop/studio this year and will have two guest artists with me.  What this means for me right now is finish projects and do some CLEANING.


In order to fill the shelves (most of my work is on the wall), I decided to make a few pillows.  First I quilt the design on cotton duck with a backing and batting.  Then I paint the design with textile inks and paints.  It reminds me of coloring when I was a child, my favorite past time next to reading.

 Here are some crab pillow tops waiting for me to add the backing and stuffing.  On the Eastern Shore of Virginia anything with a crab on it sells.



These are my poppy pillow tops.  I did orange to match the fabric that I will be using for the backing.

I'm giving myself the rest of this week to sew, then I will be forced to start the cleaning.

1 comment:

  1. I love these Kitty!, especially the poppy pillows. Good luck with your sale.

    ReplyDelete