Sunday, September 16, 2012

Ready to Post...One Small Glitch

On September 1st I ordered a new computer.  This was very exciting for me because my old laptop had lost all the audio, so I could not hear anything, and it has no memory left.  Well the poor thing is 8 years old, so it is time for a new one.  That new computer was supposed to be delivered on the 5th.  On the 5th I received an email that said that my order was being processed and it would arrive on the 10th.  On the 10th I got an email which said I would get it on the 14th.

By the 14th I was a bit frustrated, so I contacted the computer company (which shall remain nameless, actually I'll tell you if you email me privately.).   After finding out the "chat" person could not help me, I was referred to a phone number.  I pushed all the right numbers and was disconnected.  I pushed all the right numbers a second time, told the computer voice I wanted to speak to a person.  She didn't understand me, not once but three times.

I was finally connected to a guy named "Brille" (it must be a real name, I had him spell it for me).  After explaining my problem i.e. no computer, the conversation went something like this:

Brille:  You ordered the computer from our business department and you are not a business.
Me:  I ordered it on the phone from a person named John who told me it would be here on the 5th.
Brille:  But you are not a business.
Me:  John knew that.  Maybe he sent the order to the wrong department.
Brille:  But you are not a business.
Me:  Yes, we have established that.  I just want to know when I will get my new computer.
Brille:  We can't send it to you because you are not a business.
Me:  So how do we straighten this out?  Do I need to send in a non-business license so you can send me a personal computer.
Brille:  Someone will be contacting you.
Me:  When?
Brille:  I don't know.
Me:  What division are you in?
Brille:  Customer service.
Me:  Can't you do this?
Brille:  No.
Me:  I want to cancel the order.
Brille:  You want to cancel the order?
Me:  That is correct.
Brille:  Then you won't get the computer.
Me:  That is correct. There are other computer companies out there who will be glad to take my credit card number and send me a computer.
Brille:  Alright I'll cancel it.
Me:  Have I been charged?
Brille:  Oh no, we never charge until its shipped.
Me:  Good, give me the cancellation number.
Brille:  The what?
Me:  The cancellation number, you know the number that says that this is a canceled order.
Brille:  I don't have that.
Me:  Of course you do, its right there on your computer screen.
Brille:  Oh, O.K.  and he gives me a 7 digit number that at this point I'm sure he made up.

I said good bye, got on the computer and ordered a computer from another company.  They say it will be sent on the 17th, we'll see.

In the meantime, I got a new camera for my birthday.  Its great.  I love it.  But I can't down load any pictures to post because it only works with Windows 7.  Which I won't have until I get my new computer.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Kitty,

    What a computer story! That is horrible. "Customer service"? Hardly! Glad you got your new one and are writing again.

    Best wishes,
    Patricia (from CIE this summer)

    ReplyDelete