Saturday, December 3, 2011

Quilts for Kids for Christmas and Mom's Memory

A few weeks ago I mentioned Quilts for Kids and their request for holiday quilts.  I just finished some and will be shipping them on Monday (I need to find a box!).  I decided to send a couple of regular quilts as well as the Christmas ones.  These are small quilts, they vary in size from 36" by 36" to 40" by 55".  I used some fabric pieces that I had cut sometime in the past and don't remember the original project.  Quilts for Kids asks that all quilts be sent pre-washed, to save them one step in the process.

My mother is almost 91, lives in assisted-living and reads a book a day.  For months she has been telling me that I have one of her "little pillowcases".  These are are small white pillow covers that she bought years ago when she went on a cruise.  She had two, but could only find one in her room.  I kept telling her that I didn't have the other one.  Well guess what.  When I went upstairs yesterday to get my Christmas placemats, towels, etc.  there was her pillow case in the same drawer.  So I washed it, ironed it, and took it to her this morning.  "I knew you had it," she said.  I guess Mom still knows best.

Next week I'm going to have a tutorial each day for a Christmas ornament. 

Have a good weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment