Thursday, April 26, 2012

A Brief Hiatus

I'm taking a short break from blogging. My mother has been back in the hospital for the past week, this time with pneumonia.  She is somewhat better, but I need to be with her in the hospital.  Yesterday, we had a problem with medications and if I hadn't been on top of it, she would have missed an entire dose of IV antibiotics.  Unlike those of you who live in large metropolitan areas, we only have one small hospital and don't have the option to go elsewhere.  This leaves us at the mercy of those who work there, some very good ones, and some not so good.

Hopefully by this time next week all will be back to normal.  I am missing my sewing, but have knit quite a bit while just sitting!

1 comment:

  1. I know what you are talking about. Your mother needs you. It must be frightening to have trouble breathing. Having you there should bring her some comfort. You both are in my prayers. Joy

    ReplyDelete