Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Recycled Jeans Purses


Front of purses


Back of purses

Yesterday I finished six purses that I had been working on for some time.  I used the back pocket of old blue jeans to make the back of the purses and some of my Seminole patchwork pieces to make the fronts.  The shoulder straps are adjustable, see the photo below.  I used small D-rings.
The longer strap is 42" (fabric width) and the shorter one is 12".  Over all the body of the purse measures about 8" by 12".


I took three of the purses to Beach Glass and Stories in Cape Charles, where I sell some of my art crafts.

I also finally finished the crewel embroidery that I had promised my mother I would finish for her.

You may remember that I blogged about it here.

Here is the finished piece, although I still need to block it before having it framed.


If you have tried to leave a comment recently and have not been able to, its all because of "spam". Over the last couple of months I've gotten a ton of spam comments so I have changed my settings so that only followers can leave comments.  A lot of the comments are simply promoting other web sites, most of which I don't wish to help promote.  So if you want to leave a comment, please join as a follower and I'll welcome your comments.

No comments:

Post a Comment