Sunday, March 30, 2014

Flu and Inspiration

I have the flu.  Back in September I was the 12th person in my Dr.'s practice to get the vaccine, so naturally I though I was protected.  Then we went on our cruise and I came home with some kind of bug, so I told myself that it hadn't been long enough since I got the shot, but I was definitely protected now.  Immune system and all that.  Friday morning I woke up with a sore throat, a fever and all the rest of it.  So where are those antibodies when you need them?

But here is the news portion of this blog:  a friend of mine has it too and went to the doctor, who told her that the CDC had sent out a warning about a very new and bad strain of flu going around.  And guess what?  We didn't hear about it on the nightly news because they are so busy reporting on a missing airplane.  Now I know the plane went through a wormhole, but we'll never get the government to admit that.

Today I started feeling better, not well enough to go over to the studio and sew, but well enough to drag out my sketch book.  I signed up for a craft show next month and decided maybe I'd make a few table runners to fill in the blank spaces in my display.  First I started a Pinterest board on Quilted Table Runners, then I searched that site.  I found a grand total of 4!! that looked interesting.  Then I looked on Etsy and found a grand total of 0!! that looked interesting.  Where is my inspiration?  I guess I'm going to have to design them myself.

While looking, I found this blog with a really simple runner.


If all else fails, I can make this one.  I'll just be sure to use fabric with shells or blue crabs on it, that always sells around here.

If you are a new follower, here is a link with instructions to an Easter table runner I made a few years ago for kids to color.


You've got plenty of time to make it, if you don't get the flu.

No comments:

Post a Comment